NST-T-06 (updated from EQ-T06-Disc, and color changed to blue) is a precision disc cutter with max. the pressure of 600kN. This tool is manually operated and is designed for cutting round discs from a thin metal sheet/foil < 0.3 mm (such as Cu and Al) or separator film (<30um). The resulting discs can be used as electrode/separator discs of the split test cell and coin cell for battery researchers.
Since 04/20/2017, the disc cutter comes with 4 cutting dies in 12, 15, 19, and 20mm.
|Max. Nominal Pressure
|Max. cutting thickness
|Hole Diam. for upper mold insert
- Four sets of cutting dies (12, 15, 19, 20 mm) are included in standard package, which is made of hardening tool steel with Cr plating
- 15mm (for electrode discs of CR20xx series coin cell cases)
- 19mm (for electrode discs of CR20xx series coin cell cases and CR2325 negative side cases)
- 20mm (for electrode discs of CR2450 cell cases, CR2325 positive side cases, and separator discs of CR20xx series coin cell cases)
- Optional sizes available in 10, 12.7 (1/2”), 16, 18, 24 mm diameter at extra cost.
- 24mm (for electrode and separator discs of CR24+ cell cases.)
|Product Structure and Dimensions
- Base is made of cast iron
- Dimension: 230mm(L) x 190mm(W) x 450mm(H)
||CE Certified. With additional certification fee, MTI can arrange NRTL to perform UL/CSA inspection and label the machine per customer’s request.
- One-year limited manufacturer warranty with lifetime support
(*Rusted and damaged parts due to improper storage condition or maintenance are not covered by warranty)
- If you are going to make CR2016, CR2025 or/and CR2032 coin cell batteries, you will need at least three cutting dies:
- 15mm (for negative side case, which is 16.5mm in diameter)
- 19mm (for positive side case, which is 20mm in diameter)
- 20 mm (for separator to fully separate the electrodes in both negative and positive cases)
- For CR2450 coin cell, a 20mm cutting die can be used for cutting electrode discs and the 24mm cutting dies for either electrode or separator discs.
- 24 mm (for electrode and separator discs in CR24+ series or depending on customer’s requirement)
- Need a compact cutter to cut material in the glove box? Please order NST-T-07 or NST-T-10
- For cutting separator films, it is necessary to use transparent file covers to sandwich the film prior to cutting. This setup will stiffen up the film for ensuring smooth cuts on the edges of the disc.
- Warning: You must pay great attention to change die from one size to another. Mis-alignment will result die damage. Please ready operation manual carefully when changing die. MTI is not responsible for the damage caused by misoperation. Strongly suggest with buy the several cutters with pre-installed die
||39 kg (85 lbs)
- Wood box: 90 lbs (11″ x 17″ x 23″)
- Pallet: 110 lbs (40″ x 30″ x 25″)